After we carved our pumpkin, we decided to make use of the pumpkin seeds. These seeds have a good amount of protein and iron in them, as well as zinc, magnesium, and potassium.
Most importantly you make a good use out of one pumpkin by not only carving it, but baking the seeds as well. The seeds can be roasted into a very satisfying salty snack in just a few simple steps.
-Make use of every part of the pumpkin
1. Make sure to preheat the oven at 275 ° while rinsing the seeds. It’s very important to clean the pumpkin seeds beforehand to get the bits of pumpkin off of them.
2. Put about a tablespoon of butter on a plate and microwave it until it fully melts. The butter adds flavor and helps the seasonings stick to the seeds.
3. Prepare the seasonings you prefer to be on your seeds. We chose garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix the seeds with the melted butter. Once this has been thoroughly done, season the seeds to your liking.
5. Once seasoned, put the seeds on a cookie sheet, making sure the seeds are not sticking to each other or overlapping. Once the oven is preheated, put the seeds in the oven for about 10-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure to check on them and mix the seeds occasionally.
Add more seasoning if necessary, and enjoy!